Saturday, June 29, 2013

Another shower you say?

Sure did.  I can't believe how little time I have had this year and because of it I've only made one quilt for Richard's cousin who is expecting twins.  I really, really like how it came out.  The funny thing is that it matches her nursery perfectly.  I couldn't even believe it because the shower was a gender reveal.  I chose to use a bungle jungle (moda) charm pack because of all the bright gender neutral colors.  I was fortunate enough to find a bolt of happy go lucky at an Amish quilt shop up near Grandpa's cabin and it matched the charms perfectly.  Made the quilt, really, I think.  


Richard's cousin sent me a picture and it almost looks like it could have come with the sheet set!  


I quilted it with little squares, but since I didn't have much time I did it sparingly and used straight lines to compensate.  It matched really well and wasn't too overwhelming on my home machine.




But wait!  There's more!  Yesterday Stacy had an emergency c-section done to deliver her twins 9 weeks early.  Elliot and Olivia weigh in at 3lbs 8oz and 3lbs 4oz respectively.  So far they are doing well and are resting in the NICU.  Mom and Dad were able to feed and change them yesterday and are hoping to cuddle them today.  Can't wait to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!