Friday, March 23, 2012

FNSI for Charity

Heidi and Bobbi who host FNSI are theme-ing their "sewing party" this next month {April 20} for charity.  They are asking for pillow case donations to ConKerr Cancer, which I think is just fantastic.  I'm going to sew a couple, and you probably should too and send them off to the address provided by Heidi and Bobbi.  This means that I'll be off to JAF this weekend to get some snugly fun themed fabrics!

All that said, I actually have no idea how to create a pillowcase with finished seams.  I found this youtube video that looks good to me, but I don't know if this is what ConKerr Cancer would want..?  If anyone has experience with that, please let me know!!

I managed to get no sewing done this week.  Our field season at work has begun and my flower beds need tending!  I have been sweaty and dirty all week, but I feel like I have made progress on the home front at least-  I will probably never feel that way about work!  I was able to weed all of my flower beds from our massive grass invasion and I laid paver bricks below our spicket to support our hose-holder thing.  Last year I just had it placed on top of all of our lava rocks and it was super unstable and stupid looking but there were so many other things to do to our house that it was put by the wayside.  Now, though, it looks pretty spiffy if I do say so myself! 


Pretty, level, mini hose porch :)
Perfect.  Now I just have to wait to make sure Spring is here to stay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!