Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Christmas time!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

2012 Tree
Richard and I had our Christmas last night.  Today we are going to head to my parents and have Christmas with them.  Richard got me a new camera (since I've lost mine and have been using my phone since May.  Oops) and thought that I should have it to take pictures of my Dad when he opens his quilt.



I had my mom over last weekend (?) and made lots of Christmas cookies!  Since both of my Grandmas have passed away this year, we were going to miss our annual cookie plate.  I think I'm going to keep this rolling with my mom every year.  It was a lot of fun :)


Here is how I destroyed my Dad's quilt.  The blue really doesn't look so bad in the picture, but it was horrible.  Probably since I spent so much time and money on that stupid thing.  Pam suggested that I get some fabric markers and paint over the blue.  I did and the end result is OK.  The right (center) corner is one that I painted over in the right picture.  It is white, but it is also pretty stiff.  I painted 4 out of 6 and left the other two because they were pretty light.  I'm hoping he doesn't notice!




To keep the Sparty theme rolling I also made a wall hanging as a secret Santa present for one of Richard's cousins.  I hope she likes it.  She studied zoology and now works with the penguins at the Detroit Zoo.  Richard said it was going to be the best gift out of them (and I really hope so).  Basically, they all think I'm a country bumpkin, so I hope this isn't too.... crafty(?) for them.  At my wedding shower I had to explain to them what "canning" was and then they all looked at me like I was outside of my mind.  

I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Stacey. (awesome cookies!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Stacey I hope you and Richard had a wonderful day together. Glad the marker worked out. I bet some of the stiffness will soften over time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!