Saturday, April 21, 2012

FNSI -- April 2012

This Friday Night Sew In was dedicated to ConKerr cancer.  I made two pillow cases for it and sent them off to WI to be distributed.  I really wanted to make some for older kids because I feel like many of us get sucked into the "OMG, this fabric is so adorable" vortex-- which is fine, of course, but I really wanted to NOT do that.  I failed.

I made one for a girl and one for a boy {in theory} and I had the hardest time finding something that would fit a teenage boy.  I settled on trains for a younger audience because I just could not sew ugly male-orientated fabrics together.  It probably would have destroyed me.  I did find this fantastic bird print for a female audience that I am happy to say should suit everyone since I wanted to keep the pillow case for myself and I'll be 25 next month!














I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Your comments make my day!