Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm Beat!

Last weekend I did NOT got a lot done.  That stack of green squares from before was abandoned and has stayed that way.  I started a stack of white ones and those too are sadly ignored.  I did manage to make another NY Beauty block though {Block 8}.  It's not my favorite but I can always put that one in with my gift version and no one will be the wiser... except you all... so don't tell.

Please excuse the non-pressed nature!

In other news, field season this year is going to put me under- I just know it.  So far it's been four weeks and I'm already dragging!  I think that the weather isn't helping much since I'd so much rather be outside putzing around than inside doing anything :)


 I finally dug up a bush stump in the front of our house and planted some lily of the valley.  I also wanted to plant some hostas there but couldn't find bulbs anywhere!  I checked three stores and no one had them!  Lowes only has annual seeds and a ton of nursery plants, Home Depot has some bulbs but no seeds, and meijer only has seeds!  I know I'm squeaky cheap when I can't bring myself to buy two hostas for $4 each.  I told my mom about it and she said that she has some I can dig up and bring to my house since she doesn't really want them.  Perfect!  DH did let me buy these pretty things though {already had the pots} since I am currently hosta-less.

Porch Planters!

This weekend the only sewing I did was to patch my pair of work jeans, but I did organize my shelves of fabric!

o.m.g.

Behold, the beauty of the mini-bolt!  I got the idea here.  It is fantastic!  I didn't use comic book boards though because I didn't want to spend money on it so I sliced up about 4 cardboard boxes we had around the house of various sizes.  I used 8"x11" for 1+ yds, 6.5-7"x11" for 1/2 yds, and 6"x9" for my 1/4 yds (I did these flipped from the others) and it turned out really well.  I didn't need them to be perfect so this worked just fine for me and I got to use the most out of each box :)

I have no idea how I lived before
When I was going through all of that fantastic fabric, I came across a bunch that Mama Spark gifted me so I can create my own Noah's ark quilt since she made one that I adore so much!  She really is amazing and I'm so lucky to have her as my teacher!!

Thank you again!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Look what pretties came from that mess!! I am in the mood to plant flowers, too - but we are too cold yet for such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work tidying up--do you hire out?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm very happy with it.

    Vrooman- I know what you mean, I have lots of annual seedlings on my windowsill so that has been able to keep me happy for a while!

    MB, you just have to provide the boxes :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!